Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer

You earned it!

If you transferred from Macomb to another school before graduating, and earned 15 credits or more, you may be eligible to earn your associate degree after the fact. To begin the process, have the institution you are currently attending send an official transcript to Macomb. If you are unsure about which degree you are eligible to receive, contact Counseling and Academic Advising Services.

To request a reverse transfer, fill out a Reverse Transfer Degree Application.

An earned associate degree:

  • Is recognized by employers
  • Shows commitment to finish what you start
  • Provides better job opportunities while you are still in school
  • Improves your chances of finishing your bachelor’s degree

Macomb has reverse transfer agreements with:

  • Ferris State University
  • Grand Valley State University
  • Michigan State University
  • Oakland University
  • Northern Michigan University
  • University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
  • University of Michigan-Dearborn
  • Walsh
  • Wayne State University
  • Western Michigan University


John Meldrum, Director, Records & Registration: 586.445.7179 or