Placement Testing: What you Need to Succeed!
Required of new students and many returning students, placement testing evaluates your skills in math, reading and English so that your counselor or academic advisor can help you make the right choices when you register for classes. More an assessment of your academic preparedness than a test, the goal is to make sure you succeed!
About Placement Testing:
- Walk-in basis during hours of operation
- Testing sites: H113, Center Campus, and G238, South Campus
- Testing lab hours are:
Monday and Tuesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (arrive by 5:00 pm)
Wednesday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm (arrive by 3:30 pm)
- Test is Computer-Based. Reading and Math portions are untimed. English portion (WritePlacer) is timed.
- Free the first time, fees apply for retesting
- Your Macomb student ID and another piece of photo identification with signature is required
- Takes about two hours – longer for students whose first language is not English
- If you have a disability, contact Office of Special Services to arrange appropriate accommodations
For more information, contact Placement Testing: H113, Center Campus, 586.286.2027, or G238, South Campus, 586.445.7423, or email email@example.com.
No personal items or electronic devices allowed in the testing rooms.
You can review Placement Test information here: Placement Test practice site