Macomb Community College grants credit to admitted students who can document and/or demonstrate that their previous learning gained through life, military and/or work experiences matches the Course Learning Outcomes of current Macomb courses. Course Learning Outcomes are specific to what a student would have learned in the classroom.
- Students are allowed to use both personal and professional experiences in their Portfolio including:
- Work experience
- Volunteer service
- Conference and workshop attendance
- In-service training
- Travel, independent reading and study
- Personal development gained through commercial courses
- Portfolio preparation will vary depending on the course, the number of years of experience, diversity of experience, and the documentation that the student uses to verify his or her experiences.
- Credit will be awarded based on the quality and quantity of the student's documented knowledge and skills.
Students must determine which Macomb courses match their experience and follow the steps outlined in the Student Guide to Portfolio Credit for Prior Learning.