Credit for Prior Learning
Credit for Prior Learning and Experience
Do you believe a course(s) duplicates subject matter that you have already learned? Then, yes, you may be able to save time and money by earning college credit at Macomb for your prior learning and experience in one (or more) of three different ways.
1. Credit by Exam
- Departmental Exams
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate
2. Credit for Other Coursework
- Transfer Credit – getting credit for classes taken at another institution
- Non-Credit and Continuing Education Credits – course equivalencies for non-credit courses you have taken. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- High School and Other Articulations
3. Credit for Work and Life Experience
- Portfolio – document how your work/life experience fulfills course requirements
- Certifications and Licenses – course equivalencies for certifications and licenses you hold
- Apprenticeships – how current or prior apprenticeship training may be applied to certificate/degree requirements. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Military Service – exams and equivalencies you are eligible for as a military veteran. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.