Reading and Writing Studios
The Macomb Reading and Writing Studios—with locations at both South and Center Campuses—assist students to gain, improve, and demonstrate academic and professional literacies expected of college students and graduates. “The Studios” offer appointments on-campus and online, including one-on-one and group sessions, as well as workshops and class visits upon request.
Scheduling an Appointment
Are you a student making your first appointment? Please register here, or just drop in for a consultation at either one of our locations!
Already registered? Go to https://macomb.mywconline.com/ to see available appointments with your favorite consultant.
What kind of support do we provide?
We help Macomb writers:
- Identify and interpret assignment expectations
- Develop and describe ideas
- Organize content
- Structure paragraphs
- Refine sentence-level clarity and coherence
- Document academic and professional sources
- Compose online profiles (e.g., LinkedIn)
- Create effective and persuasive multi-modal texts (e.g., PowerPoint, posters, etc.)
We help Macomb readers:
- Increase reading confidence and ease
- Improve comprehension of difficult texts
- Develop self-regulated strategies for comprehension
- Set work goals and plan steps towards completion
We help Macomb multilingual readers and writers:
- Identify and perform the language expectations of academic and professional writing
- Understand and use familiar and idiomatic expressions necessary for reading and writing advanced texts
- Identify and respond to structural language differences that can slow English learning
South Campus, J-305
Center Campus, C-105
Hours of Operation:
August 29 — December 16, 2016
|Mon - Thur:||9:00am - 7:00pm|
|Fri:||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|10:00am - 4:00pm|