Fullfilling Mathematics Prerequisites
To better ensure student success, students are required to meet certain minimum requirements to register for mathematics classes at Macomb.
Students can meet those minimum requirements for most classes in a variety of ways:
- Take the math placement test. Test results will indicate which classes a student should consider for their first mathematics course at Macomb.
- Provide the results of a math placement test taken at another institution.
- Successfully complete (usually with a grade of C or better) or currently be enrolled in the Macomb prerequisite course.
- Provide proof of successfully completing (grade of C or better) or currently be enrolled in a college mathematics course that is equivalent to a prerequisite course.
- Complete an AP (Advanced Placement) mathematics class in high school and receive a score of 3 or better on the AP test.
- Score 24 or better in mathematics on the ACT exam.
- Test and reach an acceptable score on the CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) mathematics test.
Any further questions or need for clarification should be directed to the mathematics department at Macomb.
SOUTH CAMPUS: 586.445.7105 or 586.445.7354
CENTER CAMPUS: 586.286.2258 or 586.286.2282