Center for Health Careers
Health Care Careers: Right Here, Right Now
There have never been as many careers in health care as there are right now. Whether you are interested in short-term training (9 months or less) to obtain a high demand, entry-level job or are already employed in health information technology and need to continue your education, Macomb’s Center for Health Careers has what you are looking for.
- Basic Health Care Training - First Aid, CPR/AED and Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers.
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Train and prepare for the Michigan Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Test to become a certified nurse assistant.
- Certified Professional Coder - Train and prepare for the Certified Professional Coder exam and a career in electronic health care records.
- Eldercare Specialist - Train to be a caregiver to older adults in adult day care, assisted living centers, independent housing communities or private residences.
- Health Information Technology - Train to be a health information technician involved in the recording and maintenance of health care records.
- Patient Access & Accounting - Train and prepare for three national exams to become a Certified Professional Coder, Certified Healthcare Access Associate or Certified Patient Accounting Technician.
- Personal Fitness Trainer - Earn Your National Certification in Fitness Training from World Instructor Training School.
- Pharmacy Technician - Train to become a pharmacy technician, including learning drug names, doses, math calculations abbreviations and laws.
- Phlebotomy - Train to work as a phlebotomy technician, involved in the collection and disposal of blood samples.
- Professional Coders -ICD-10 Workplace Continuing Education Training - Approved by the American Academy of Professional Coders for continuing education hours.
Please note: Not all health care programs are offered every term.
For more information, contact the Center for Health Careers at 586.226.4807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.