FACULTY & STAFF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Professional Development Brochure
The College offers a variety of workshops and presentations for professional development and personal growth. Topics vary from semester to semester.
View and/or download the Winter 2014 Professional Development Brochure
Register for workshops through WebAdvisor under "Continuing Education Students" link.
To suggest a new workshop topic, contact the Center for Teaching and Learning by email at email@example.com
We've updated the Full-time Faculty Handbook for the 2013-2014 academic year. Here's where you'll find information on departmental calendars, curriculum and assessment support, student support services, course syllabus and first day handouts, Common Degree Outcomes, and much more! Please Note: You may be asked to provide your network login ID and password in order to access the Handbook.
The Faculty Academy is designed to introduce new full-time faculty to Macomb Community College and its mission, resources, policies, academic culture, and the faculty probationary process. In addition, effective teaching and learning strategies, course and curriculum design, and assessment techniques that focus on increasing student success and retention are just a few of the topics we explore and discuss during the sessions.
Academy sessions are open to all faculty members. If you are interested in attending a session, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at 586-445-7588 for more information on session topics and to reserve your spot.
2013-2014 Faculty Academy Session Dates:
- Monday, August 12; Center Campus, University Center Building 1; 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Tuesday, August 13; Center Campus, University Center Building 1; 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Friday, October 25; South Campus, J-221, 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Friday, November 15; Center Campus, University Center Building 1; 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Friday, January 24; South Campus, K-324, 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Friday, February 21; Center Campus, University Center Building 1; 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Friday, March 21; South Campus, K-324, 8:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Friday, April 25 - ILP Presentations; Center Campus, University Center 1;
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Second Year Faculty Academy (Optional):
- Friday, November 1; Center Campus, C-130; 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- Friday, January 31; South Campus, S J-211; 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Adjunct Faculty Handbook
The 2013-2014 Adjunct Faculty Handbook contains a wealth of information about the college, including classroom and student records policies and procedures, classroom management, emergency procedures, instructional support departments, college forms, campus maps, and more! Please Note: You may be asked to provide your network login ID and password in order to access the Handbook.
To register for a workshop, log into WebAdvisor with your user name and password and follow the steps below:
- From the WebAdvisor home page, click on Continuing Education Students.
- Click on Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes
- Enter the registration code for the section you wish to register for and click Submit
- Verify your section, date, and time, select it, and click Submit.
- Skip the next screen by clicking Submit again
- At the payment screen, choose Register Now (do not select a payment method) then click Submit
You should see a screen showing that you are registered. You may print this screen for your records.
Faculty and staff will receive Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) for attending many of the CTL's workshops (0.1 CEU per contact hour).