Earn your Associate Degree!
Reverse Transfer is an easy-to-do, free service, so check it out today!
What is Reverse Transfer?
Reverse Transfer is a process where credits earned at the 4-year college or university after transferring from Macomb Community College are transferred back to Macomb to determine if you are eligible for an associate degree.
You’ve earned the credit; why not have a degree to show for all your hard work!
What are the benefits of earning your Associate Degree?
The associate degree is a marketable credential for your résumé and an important milestone in your education. Employers value the associate degree as evidence of your commitment to expanding your knowledge and achieving your educational goals. The associate degree can make a difference in your long-term success:
- An associate degree can provide better job opportunities while completing your bachelor’s degree
- The associate degree is the nation’s fastest growing work credential; employers recognize its value when recruiting and hiring
- Students who earn an associate degree are more likely to complete their bachelor’s degree.
- There is no risk to you – even though you are applying the hours you have earned at your 4-year college or university toward an associate degree at Macomb Community College, your hours earned will still apply toward your bachelor’s degree.
What steps do I take to begin the process?
- Complete the Reverse Transfer Degree Application.
- Print Degree Application and mail, fax, scan/email to:
Macomb Community College – Enrollment Services
14500 E 12 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48808
Fax: 586.226.4787 Attn: Letitia Kaiser
- Request an official transcript to be sent from your home institution to Macomb Community College.
Unsure of your degree? Meet with a Macomb Counselor or Academic Advisor.
Criteria for Eligibility
Macomb Community College currently has Reverse Transfer agreements with:
Grand Valley State University
Michigan State University
Northern Michigan University
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan – Dearborn
Wayne State University
If you have recently transferred from Macomb Community College to one of the above-mentioned schools, you will be notified that you may be eligible for an associate degree based on the criteria below:
- 30+ credit hours earned at Macomb Community College
- 35+ credits earned at the 4-year school
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
If you have transferred to another school not mentioned above, contact the Enrollment Service Office for additional information.
Am I guaranteed a degree from Macomb Community College?
No. The sending of your transcript to Macomb does not guarantee the granting of a degree. The courses you have completed will be evaluated and is subject to the degree and residency requirements of the community college, which will be the degree granting institution.
How will I be notified to know if I qualify?
You will be informed by mail if you meet or do not meet the degree requirements. If you are eligible for a degree, you will be sent information regarding Macomb's commencement ceremony.
For more information:
Macomb Community College
Letita Kaiser, Manager, Enrollment Services