Special Services works with each person as an individual, to provide resources, services and accommodations that can assist in achieving success at the post-secondary level. Special Services also works with students to make them aware of career options and to develop a personalized education plan. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act 1973 and the American Disability Act of 1991, academic accommodations will be provided to students who have a documented disability.
If you have a question, just Ask A Special Services Counselor
During the first two weeks of registration there may be a delay in a response to your email. If you need immediate assistance please contact the Special Services Office.
Our Staff Helps With
- Specialized counseling
- Evaluation of student interest and abilities
- Career awareness and exploration
- Specially designed orientations
- Networking within the college and agencies
- Referrals for tutoring to the Learning Center
- Coordination of services to persons with disabilities such as:
- FM equipment
- Alternative testing arrangements
We Help Students Who
- Have a low grade point average (GPA)
- Are on academic probation
- Are referred by faculty or outside agencies
- Are economically disadvantaged
- Have Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
- Have a physical or learning disability that may present obstacles to success in the college classroom
- Audio Textbooks: Contact Special Services as soon as possible if you will need an audio version of your textbook. It may take a month or more to obtain materials in alternate format.
- Public Communication Service Available. ( Macomb uses a Sorenson VRS Unit.).
For VRS assistance call:
o Direct VP (Deaf): 866.957.1377
o Local VP (Hearing): 586.649.3942
o Direct VP (Deaf): 866.957.2172
o Local VP (Hearing): 586.447.7936