PLEASE NOTE: On Monday March 10th and 17th, there will limited availability of Special Services Counselors.
Special Services works with each person as an individual, to provide resources, services and accommodations that can assist in achieving success at the post-secondary level. (To review the Procedures for Requesting Academic and Testing Accommodations, click here.) Special Services also works with students to make them aware of career options and to develop a personalized education plan. In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act 1973 and the American Disability Act of 1991, academic accommodations will be provided to students who have a documented disability.
If you have a question, just Ask A Special Services Counselor
During the first two weeks of registration there may be a delay in a response to your email. If you need immediate assistance please contact the Special Services Office.
Our Staff Helps With
- Specialized counseling
- Evaluation of student interest and abilities
- Career awareness and exploration
- Specially designed orientations
- Networking within the college and agencies
- Referrals for tutoring to the Learning Center
- Coordination of services to persons with disabilities such as:
- FM equipment
- Alternative testing arrangements
We Help Students Who
- Have a low grade point average (GPA)
- Are on academic probation
- Are referred by faculty or outside agencies
- Are economically disadvantaged
- Have Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
- Have a physical or learning disability that may present obstacles to success in the college classroom
- Audio Textbooks: Contact Special Services as soon as possible if you will need an audio version of your textbook. It may take a month or more to obtain materials in alternate format.
- Public Communication Service Available. ( Macomb uses a Sorenson VRS Unit.).
For VRS assistance call:
o Direct VP (Deaf): 866.957.1377
o Local VP (Hearing): 586.649.3942
o Direct VP (Deaf): 866.957.2172
o Local VP (Hearing): 586.447.7936