THE DEFENSE SECTOR IN MICHIGAN IS GROWING
For more information on our courses, please call 586.498.4120.
Supported by a $4.9 million grant from the Department of Labor, Macomb Community College is developing and providing training to better position unemployed workers, under-employed workers, dislocated workers and veterans for jobs in the defense sector in southeast Michigan.
There are many training opportunities in development, so it is important to check this webpage frequently to identify potential training opportunities that match your circumstances.
While the college is working with defense sector employers to identify training and education to better prepare potential employees, there is no guarantee of employment based on completion of classes or a program.
Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- Register with the Michigan Talent Bank
- Check these webpages on a regular basis to identify opportunities that match your needs
- Visit the training schedule to register for class
- You can view course offerings, course descriptions, and registration instructions.
- Please note, the registration process may be different depending on the nature of the class. Some classes may require you to attend a mandatory orientation before acceptance in a class is granted. Detailed information will accompany such classes.
For frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ page.
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This solution is copyrighted by the institution that created it. Internal use, by an organization and/or personal use by an individual for non-commercial purposes, is permissible. All other uses require the prior authorization of the copyright owner.