Macomb will continue to be a leading edge community college and the community's preferred choice for lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and community development opportunities.
As a publicly funded and community-based institution of higher education, Macomb Community College provides a comprehensive program of high-quality educational, enrichment, and economic development experiences designed to promote individual growth and social improvement.
Organizational Goals and Purposes
Macomb Community College endeavors to maintain open, affordable, and lifelong access to an integrated continuum of learner-centered educational opportunities, personal enrichment experiences, and community development programs, including:
- Transfer Education, designed to offer courses that parallel university curricula and prepare students successfully to pursue a baccalaureate degree.
- Career Preparation, designed to prepare and qualify students for immediate employment and ongoing success in the world of work.
- Learning Outreach, designed to provide alternative delivery systems, personalized options, and community-based learning opportunities.
- Advanced Studies, designed to enable students to complete baccalaureate degrees, graduate programs, and continuing professional education experiences through affiliations with colleges, universities, and professional associations.
- Student and Community Enrichment, designed to provide artistic, athletic, cultural, co-curricular and personal enrichment experiences, and related community development programs.
- Economic and Workforce Development, designed to deliver customized learning experiences, specialized business support services, and continuing education offerings that rapidly respond to business and community needs.
- Student Success Services, designed to improve academic achievement, persistence, and the attainment of educational goals.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
December 20, 2005