Macomb Community College culinary arts students chisel their way to ice sculpting awards
– Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:00AM
Four Macomb Community College culinary arts students cut, chipped and chiseled their way to awards in the individual collegiate ice carving competition at the City of Utica’s Ice Carving Spectacular Feb. 8- 10.
Placing in the competition against students from Oakland Community College and Henry Ford Community College were:
• Mike Thomas, Shelby Township, took second place for his sculpture, Fish
• Brad Groszkiewicz, Sterling Heights, took third place for his sculpture, Cascading Spheres
• Al Bock, Clinton Township, took fifth place for his ball sculpture
• Justin Nellis, Eastpointe, took sixth place, for his snail sculpture
About Macomb Community College
Macomb Community College (www.macomb.edu) is one of the nation’s leading community colleges, providing learning experiences to nearly 48,000 students annually. Macomb nationally ranks among the top 25 awarders of associate degrees and as the largest grantor of associate degrees in Michigan. The college’s comprehensive educational programming includes pre-collegiate experiences, university transfer and career preparation programs, bachelor degree completion and graduate degree programs, workforce training, professional education and certification, and continuing education and enrichment opportunities.
Media Contact: Tish Wirth, 586.445.7560, firstname.lastname@example.org