New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation will help you transition to Macomb campus life and prepare you for a quality learning experience.
What can you expect from new student orientation?
- Learn what to expect in your first semester.
- Develop an understanding of the process to follow in order to determine your educational goals.
- Become aware of the support systems and college resources available to be successful.
- Become familiar with your rights and responsibilities as a student at Macomb, including expectations and code of conduct.
- Learn more about college terminology, important deadlines, academic programs and schedules.
- Become familiar with Macomb's online interface and its various functions.
- Learn more about opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom with your fellow students.
After receiving a Macomb ID number issued with the admission letter, all students must complete New Student Orientation.
Once you complete New Student Orientation, you may prepare to take the Placement Test by using these online resources.
Meet with an Academic Advisor for a “Starting at Macomb” session. Students will be provided a customized check-list for “next steps” particularly those with prior college experience (e.g. transfer or guest students).
Meet with a Counselor for a Course Planning Session. All new students to college are required to develop an academic plan with a college counselor during a course planning session.
What can you expect from a Course Planning Session?
- Discuss your goals at Macomb.
- Recommend courses for your first semester based on your goals, scheduling needs, and COMPASS (placement test) scores
- Provide direction for future course planning, career planning, and/or referral for other college resources.