Walsh College delivers a business education that integrates application and theory to prepare graduates for successful careers.
In support of its mission, Walsh College will:
- ensure relevant programs through close ties to the business community, employing faculty who bring their professional work experience, credentials, and scholarship into the classroom
- offer courses and services at convenient locations in southeastern Michigan and globally via online
- provide personalized and knowledgeable service to students
- promote individual professional development and organizational growth through non-credit programs
Walsh College offers a broad range of high-quality programs in fields such as accounting, finance, information technology and assurance, management and leadership, marketing, and taxation
Established in 1922, Walsh College is a private, independent, non-profit, and upper-division institution that grants degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
Walsh College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (www.ncahlc.org; phone: 312-263-0456). All degree programs are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE, www.iacbe.org) and specific degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org).
Please note: bachelor's degrees with links include a Macomb transfer plan
Bachelor of Accountancy Our Bachelor of Accountancy Degree (BAC) gives you the increasing depth of skills needed to practice as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). The business world is becoming more complex. Our program will help you master that complexity. Our degree program satisfies the Certified Public Accountant license requirements while providing you with the business background and extensive accounting skills necessary for success as a CPA. For more information, visit www.walshcollege.edu/cpa
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees with majors in Accounting Processes, Finance, General Business, Management, and Marketing are designed to familiarize students with all aspects of business while they specialize in an area that most interests them.
- Accounting Processes: The Accounting Processes major is for students that desire a career in general accounting or corporate/management accounting rather than public accounting with a CPA designation. The degree allows you to enter the accounting profession, providing a firm foundation in accounting while also allowing flexibility to enroll in several non-accounting courses to fulfill degree requirements. This program is not for students planning on taking the CPA exam, but rather prepares students to sit for the Certified Management Accountant and Certified Financial Manager Examinations.
- Finance: The Finance major gives students the expertise needed to excel in finance, whether they work for a large corporation or a small professional group. The courses give students a deep understanding of financial theory, planning and analytical skills, and the ability to think strategically. Course work includes economics, finance, and investments and credit analysis. Students graduate prepared to start their career in many areas: bank branch managers, stockbrokers, underwriters, financial planners, and financial analysts.
- General Business: The General Business major is for the person who isn't ready to specialize but wants a broad set of skills needed to start a successful business career. Coursework in accounting, economics, finance and communication prepared you for many different careers, including purchasing agent, customer service manager, supervisors, or sales manager.
- Management: Managers make decisions, develop resources, set policies, take risks and motivate their co-workers and employees. The Management major prepares students for these responsibilities and more. With coursework in all areas of management as well as a strong general business background, students will be ready for a career in human resource management, public administration, customer service, industrial production management, and health care.
- Marketing: The Marketing major is built on the four P’s – product, pricing, place of distribution and promotion. It provides students with in-depth understanding of these activities and their impact on consumers. Students also gain knowledge of the strategies, skills and technology necessary to excel in the field of marketing. These skills, coupled with a solid business background in finance, economics, accounting, management, and communication, prepare you for jobs in a broad array of fields including marketing research, advertising, public relations, marketing communications, internet marketing and sales.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Online or on-campus, Walsh College’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program includes courses in accounting, finance, management and related areas. Students will learn from foundation courses included in all MBA programs, integrating the wide range of skills needed in a successful business operation. Students match their courses to their own interests and career goals with specializations in 13 different areas.
Assistant Director, Recruitment
Admissions & Academic Advisor
Director, University Centers and Academic Liaison
In addition to the Macomb University Center location in Clinton Township, Walsh has campuses in Troy and Novi. The main campus in Troy is located at 3838 Livernois, north of Big Beaver Road.