Do I have to Take It?
Do I Have To Take It?
Most likely, yes. Placement testing is required of all new students and returning students who have not attended Macomb in several years. But there are a few exceptions.
You must take the Placement Test if:
- You are a new student
- You haven’t attended Macomb since summer 1986 and have not successfully completed any English or reading courses
- You attended Macomb summer 1986 or later and never took a placement test
You may be granted an exemption if:
- You have already successfully completed college level coursework in reading, writing and math
- You completed a similar placement test recognized by Macomb
- You are a guest student
- You are taking courses for personal interest (allowed up to 16 credit hours)
For more information, contact Counseling and Advising: H103, Center Campus, 586.286.2228, or J160, South Campus, 586.445.7211, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.