Veterans and Reservists

Macomb wants to make sure that, as a veteran, you have the assistance and support you need to use the educational benefits you have earned. If your questions are not answered here, please contact the Veterans Service Center.

Applying for benefits for the first time?

  1. Complete VA Form 22-1990 (available at or at the Veterans Service Center, G-301, South Campus) six weeks in advance of registration for classes.
  2. Provide a copy of your separation papers, DD214, (Member page 4).
  3. Provide original “notice of basic eligibility” (form DD2384) from your reserve unit (Chapter 1606 only).
  4. Request that official transcripts from all other institutions of higher learning that you attended before, during or after military service and military transcripts be sent to: Macomb Community College, Veterans Service Center, G-301, 14500 E. 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088-3896
  5. Contact Counseling and Academic Advising Services about completing a counseling worksheet for submission to the Veterans Service Center.

JST: Joint Services Transcript includes:

  • Army National Guard – AARTS
  • Navy/Marine Corps – SMART
  • Coast Guard – USCG
  • CCAF: Air Force

For more information, contact Enrollment Services at 586.445.7999 or

Academic Calendar