Areas of Need:
Types of Scholarship Funds:
Named Restricted Scholarship Fund
- A minimum commitment of $1,500 payable at $500/year for up to three years.
- The funds need to be given to the MCC Foundation prior to any scholarship award.
- Funds are awarded annually until the funds are exhausted.
Named Endowed Scholarship Fund
- A minimum of $15,000 is required to be fully funded. This can be done through a one-time gift or a pledge over three to four years.
- This is a permanently endowed fund. These funds are invested in accordance with the MCC Foundation’s investment policy and a percentage is will be used for the program and/or scholarship while the principal remains in perpetuity.
Administration of Scholarships - The MCC Foundation works with the College’s Financial Aid office to award scholarships. This process includes an online application and verification criteria.
Specific program or project
Each year, there are many needs in various Macomb programs. From Athletic teams to advanced technology needs and beyond, donor support is always appreciated.
Students’ Emergency Needs
Today’s students are faced with economic hardships never before faced in the region. Macomb Community College has had to step up to help students who are not only struggling to pay for tuition, but are also struggling to feed their family or have found themselves in emergency financial need. Through the generosity of donors, the MCC Foundation has established emergency funds like the Dreamkeepers™ Fund for emergency assistance and a Food for Thought student food pantry. Macomb strives to assist students through their hardship so they to remain in school and achieve their dreams.
Arts and Cultural Programs
The Macomb Center for the Performing Arts - the MCPA continues to provide outstanding performances and programs for families to enjoy. Ticket revenue only covers 50% of the costs. The remainder is made possible through the continued support of donors.
The Lorenzo Cultural Center – the Lorenzo Center explores the influences and experiences that shape our community’s heritage. From elementary schools to senior centers, the Lorenzo Center is a venue to educate and honor the diverse fabric of the region. This would not be possible without the generosity of donors.
Types of Gifts
There are many ways to contribute:
- Check, Cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Securities: Outright gifts of appreciated assets like stocks or bonds may provide a significant tax advantage
- Planned Gifts: Designated in will, estate, charitable gift annuity, trust or life insurance
- Matching Gifts: Contact Your HR Department to see if your employer will match your donation
The MCC Foundation is a 501 [c] 3 non profit organization that manages contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations for the benefit of Macomb Community College.
14500 E. 12 Mile Rd., CS-221
Warren, MI 48088-3896
16000 Hall Road, Suite 2C
Clinton Township, MI 48038