The Institutional Priorities of Macomb Community College build upon the college's vision and mission and are derived from ongoing organizational assessment. They reflect how the college will continue to serve the community while responding to the changing economic and social needs of Macomb County.
Macomb Community College will continue to advance its mission of education, enrichment and economic development through the following institutional priorities:
Provide learning opportunities and support services that enable students to achieve their educational goals.
- Improve persistence, course completion and degree attainment resulting in achievement of educational goals
- Develop and implement strategies and models to improve student success
- Ensure accountability through active and continuous data analysis of student persistence, course completion, degree attainment and support services
- Ensure an educational continuum that supports smooth transitions from K-12 to Macomb and that focuses on pathways from Macomb to other institutions
- Support strategies and practices proven to promote quality teaching and increased student learning
Efficiency and Effectiveness
Evaluate and manage processes and resources to ensure sound fiscal stewardship of community investment while sustaining a relevant and comprehensive educational institution.
- Ensure continuous process and systems improvements
- Use technology to develop innovative approaches to teaching, learning and support services
- Recruit and retain diverse faculty and staff and support their professional and personal development
- Investment in facilities and equipment to ensure an effective teaching and learning environment that prepares students for advanced education and workplace success
- Encourage data-driven decision making to ensure continuous improvement, greater effectiveness and accountability in student learning and administrative outcomes
- Improve communication and collaboration between faculty, staff and students
- Maintain a strategic approach to budgeting that aligns planning with revenue allocations
- Identify other sources of revenue to support the institution beyond traditional funding sources
Strengthen partnerships and increase collaboration to better anticipate and respond to community needs, playing a key role in driving dialogue and developing new approaches to address emerging needs.
- Enhance outreach efforts with community partners to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population
- Expand partnerships with other post-secondary institutions to strengthen transfer pathways to advanced degrees
- Partner with K-12 to strengthen students’ academic preparation for college
- Strengthen relationships with business and industry to more closely connect education and training to workplace needs
- Present meaningful cultural and arts experiences to support learning and enrichment for community members of all ages
- Enhance the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region
- Pursue stable funding sources by engaging voters and taxpayers