Academic Advising is a walk-in service available at Center and South Campuses. Academic Advisors can help you understand the steps for new students at Macomb, assist you with course selection and degree requirements if you have decided on your program. If you are planning to transfer, and have decided on your major and transfer institution, Academic Advisors can help you understand the transfer requirements. If you are having difficulty in a class, they can discuss options such as mobility and withdrawal. They can also provide you with general information about the college, policies and procedures, and your student rights and responsibilities.
If you have a question, you can Ask An Advisor! However, email inquiries should be general in nature. If you are already a Macomb student, please include your Macomb ID number for improved responses. If you have several questions, or very detailed questions about academic issues or your academic program, a visit to campus is recommended. Academic Advisors assist students on a walk-in basis.
During the first two weeks of registration there may be a delay in an Advisor response to your email. If you need immediate assistance please visit the
Counseling and Academic Advising Office.
Academic Advisors Help You
- Obtain information about placement testing, courses of study available at Macomb and the appropriate registration procedures.
- Select classes for Macomb associate's degree and certificate programs.
- Understand Macomb's graduation requirements.
- Interpret placement scores.
- When transferring to a four-year institution by providing a transfer guide that will identify appropriate Macomb coursework to be completed.
- Interpret Macomb's catalog - schedule of classes.
- Explain college policies procedures - student rights and responsibilities.
- Seek the appropriate college resources.
Academic Advising services are offered on a walk-in basis. Please call to determine availability.
REMINDER The number of students seeking academic advising dramatically increases as we approach registration. Ways to avoid a long wait as a walk-in include:
We will ensure that all students who have signed in are seen before we close for the day. To be able to do this during very busy periods, the walk-in list may close 1- 2 hours early.