Due to limited class space and the detail to individual attention, enrollment is limited to 40 students per year. Prospective students must apply for admission to the program through the Selective Admissions procedure. Contact the admissions department for an application.
Why Choose Macomb Community College?
Macomb's Respiratory Therapy Program is a two-year program which leads to an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Includes a comprehensive curriculum of technical and general education.
- The Respiratory Therapy Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, TX 76021-4244. CoARC's phone number is 817.283.2835 and fax number is 817.354.8519. Outcomes data from the 2011 Annual Report of Current Status has been posted on the CoARC website. Follow this link directly to the Programmatic Outcomes Data page: http://www.coarc.com/47.html.
- The Respiratory Therapy Program is a selective admissions program. The application deadline is February 15 if you wish to begin classes in the fall semester. After February 15, students can contact RSP faculty to inquire about openings in the program. Anatomy and physiology is a prerequisite for the program and some basic algebra skills are recommended.
- Hands-on study in the second year will give you 900 hours in clinical training at area hospitals and home-health care agencies. The program begins once each year in the Fall semester. The first year will be spent in the modern lecture and lab facilities at MCC where you will be exposed to the newest technology and equipment
- Upon program completion, you will be eligible to take national certification and registry exams, increasing your marketability. You will also then be eligible to apply for your license issued by the State of Michigan.