To better ensure student success, students are required to meet certain minimum requirements to register for mathematics classes at Macomb.
Students can meet those minimum requirements for most classes in a variety of ways:
- Take the COMPASS mathematics placement test. Test results will indicate which classes a student should consider for their first mathematics course at Macomb.
- Provide the results of a COMPASS mathematics test taken at another institution.
- Successfully complete (usually with a grade of C or better) or currently be enrolled in the Macomb prerequisite course.
- Provide proof of successfully completing (grade of C or better) or currently be enrolled in a college mathematics course that is equivalent to a prerequisite course. For more details, visit: /noncms/datatelinfo/courses/courseequiv.asp
- Complete an AP (Advanced Placement) mathematics class in high school and receive a score of 3 or better on the AP test.
- Score 24 or better in mathematics on the ACT exam.
- Test and reach an acceptable score on the CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) mathematics test. For more details visit: /Current+Students/Student+Services/Learning+Center/Testing/CLEP.htm
Any further questions or need for clarification should be directed to the mathematics department at Macomb.
SOUTH CAMPUS: 586.445.7105 or 586.445.7354
CENTER CAMPUS: 586.286.2258 or 586.286.2282